I received free products from Perrigo Nutritionals and Moneysavingmom.com in exchange for this review/giveaway. All opinions are my own. The Perrigo Nutritionals product, information and gift packs have been provided by Perrigo Nutritionals.
Do you feel like you are running in a never ending circle of chaos and clutter? Do you find yourself saying “yes” to everyone and everything even though you already have too much on your plate? Do you feel like you are running on steam, maybe even running in survival mode? If you answer yes to any or all of those questions you are not alone.
I’m excited to have the opportunity to share a new book with you that is all about getting our chaotic lives in order. Crystal Paine of MoneySavingMom.com shares 9 simple strategies to get rid of chaos in your life in her new book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life. I’ve been given the opportunity to read this book and share one with my readers as part of a money saving prize pack from Perrigo Nutritionals.
Crystal Paine is best known as the author of the extremely popular blog, MoneySavingMom.com where she shares money saving tips, coupons, and freebies as well as information on home-based businesses, homeschooling, money management, and even recipes and menu planning. I’m a big fan of Crystal’s freezer cooking section. I recommend checking out Money Saving Mom if you aren’t already a reader. Crystal is also a homeschooling mom of three, active in her church, and a speaker for many conferences and events.
The Book- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life
Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life is an easy read. Crystal’s steps to breaking down your current routine into a manageable one or creating a routine (if you’re like me and suffer from lack of a real one) is outlined in 10 chapters with easy to follow steps.
I read the book during the little one’s hour long nap and found myself flipping back through a few chapters later on. Crystal discusses setting goals you can actually reach, focusing on the important aspects of your life and putting them first, budgeting, and organizing your life in a way that works for you. She provides quizzes, lists, ideas, and forms to write your goals as well as examples of how she has applied each to her own life. You can also find free customizable versions via her website. The book is broken into sections to help you take control of your budget, life, family, and time, and begins with Crystal’s own testimony of reaching that breaking point and rebuilding her own life with purpose. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and hope you will, too.
Shopping Frugally With a Budget
As a mother of three Crystal has plenty of experience feeding a family on a budget. She teaches you to save on shopping by using cash so you don’t overspend, menu planning, and using coupons through a coupon database. She also recommends options such as buying store brands. Check out Crystal Paine’s money saving tips for families.
- Create a Budget- A budget gives you parameters and purpose, it gives you boundaries, and it gives you freedom to live creatively within those boundaries.
- Shop With Cash- When you shop with a credit card (or even a debit card, for that matter!) you can have your budget in your head and you can do the best to stick with it when you check out, but it’s so much easier to go just a little bit over here and there when you’re swiping!
- Plan a Menu- When you have a plan in place for what you’re supposed to be eating each meal and you’ve already purchased the ingredients for those recipes, it’s a lot harder to justify chucking the plan for takeout.
- Use Coupons Coupons- are a great way to save a lot of money on your grocery bill, but they can be hard to keep up with. Clipping, sorting, and organizing coupons takes time — so enter a coupon database! You’ll have access to printable and other coupons currently available and it’s one of the most effective and efficient ways to save money on groceries.
- Buy Store Brands- One way to save a great deal of money on your grocery budget is to learn to like and use a variety of brands. The sooner you can get over being a brand-snob, the more your pocketbook will thank you. For example, while I breast fed my children, moms who choose to formula feed can save up to 50 percent by switching to store brand formula, which meets the same FDA quality standards as expensive name brands. There are also coupons available at a website – StoreBrandFormula.com. This one simple change can save moms about $600 a year.
Crystal has teamed up with Perrigo Nutritionals, the largest supplier of store brand infant formula and nutrition products in the world, to make others aware of the many infant and toddler store brand items that are available to help you save money. I’ve received the opportunity to share these products with you with a special giveaway! Yogurt bites, puree pouches, and puffs are all big hits in our house (I even have to hide the baby’s snacks from the 4 year old!), and we always buy the store brand. I prefer them over the big name brands for many reasons including the lower price.
One winner will receive:
- 1 Copy of “Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life” by Crystal Paine
- 1 Container of store brand formula
- 9 Assorted Store Brand Puree Pouches
- 5 Assorted Store Brand Puffs
- 4 Assorted Store Brand Yogurt Bites
To be entered to win follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter below! A winner will be chosen on Monday, April 21, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway